Roll-Over Activity for Baby
Use a blanket to help your baby really rock and roll (over).
- A baby
- A blanket:Whatever one your baby is currently resting on will work fine.
- Lay your baby down, face up on the blanket.
- Slowly and carefully start pulling the blanket up from one side. (Save your rip-the-tablecloth-out-from-under-the-dishes trick for another time.). Your baby will start to gently roll over.
- Keep pulling up on the blanket and eventually she'll roll all the way over. Gauge her reaction to her sudden new position and, if she's game, put her on her back and do it all over again.
- Sing her the chorus of "Proud Mary" while you roll her. "Rollin'! Rollin'! Rollin' on the river!" (Okay, that step's more for you than for her.)
- Before you know it, she'll be an old pro at rolling (and you'll wonder why in the world you were in such a rush for her to be mobile).