Activities: Sound-Seeking Scavenger Hunt
Have the kids track down their favorite tunes!
- Portable CD player:Hopefully your toddler hasn't upgraded to an iPod yet.
- Your child's favorite CD:Laurie Berkner, Dan Zanes or (gulp) Barney.
- A handkerchief or cloth napkin:No peeking!
- Hider:Mom, Dad, Grandma, big sis.
- Finder:Your child.
- iPod with dock, or portable radio
- Pop your kid's favorite CD into his player.
- Have him close his eyes and count to 11. No cheating! If your child can't resist peeking, tie a handkerchief or napkin over his eyes.
- Hide the CD player under a sofa pillow, in a cabinet or under a chair, and then hit play. Make sure the location is safe and age appropriate (i.e., not out of your little one's reach).
- Challenge your child to track down the sound.
- Enjoy three minutes of you time while your child is occupied.
- When your child finds the player, do a victory dance with him.
- Repeat with a new song, perhaps tackle an entire album. You might even buy enough time to check your email while your kid completes this activity. Yahooooo!