Sidewalk Art Fun
Use chalk to make hopping paths for your kids.
- Sidewalk chalk (various colors)
- Hula hoop(s)
- Pavement (driveway or sidewalk)
- Child labor (imagination)
- Show your child how to trace the inside of a hula hoop with chalk (do the inside because kids tend to go wildly off course when it is on the outside ... why? I dunno.)
- Repeat step one within hopping distance of the first circle. Repeat as many times as you would like the trail to be long ...
- Draw your summer favorites along the trail. We did birds, butterflies and bunnies (I had to keep the alliteration, right?)
- Encourage your kids to hop from circle to circle to complete the Trail of Summer.