How to make stained glass
You don't have to visit a Cathedral just to see some stained glass.
- a few colors of washable paints
- liquid dish detergent
- plastic cups or bowls for mixing
- chopsticks or popsicle sticks for stirring
- newspaper (for easy cleanup)
- paintbrushes if you're fancy, fingers if you're not
- For each color of paint, combine equal amounts of cornstarch to paint plus a squirt of dish detergent.
- Stir it all together until the mixture is nice and thick, like yogurt.
- Protect the area around your window with newspaper—lots of it. Life is messy! Tape it down if you want to be super safe!
- Use your fingers or a paintbrush to paint a picture on the window. (We were fingers all the way. I gotta admit, finger-painting is fun!)
- Once the paint is dry, outline the shapes of your picture with a darker color (this works better with a paintbrush). This is what makes it look all nice and stained-glassy!
- When you want your clean window back, wash it all down with warm, soapy water. If any of the paint gives you a hard time, use a plastic spatula to get it off.
- If you want a super stained glass windows in a jiffy without the mess, draw on your windows with washable window markers! They work great!