Before you order the ponies and book a traveling circus, take these tips for having an easy, fun celebration for your favorite kid:
- As tempting as it will be to invite the whole neighborhood, you may want to limit your guest list to immediate family and friends.
- Pay attention to nap time and plan the party around it. Also, don't be afraid to keep it short. An hour and a half is fine.
- Prepare yourself for a mini (or major) meltdown. It's a big day for a little kid and lots of toddlers aren't up for that much concentrated attention. If a meltdown makes an appearance, don't sweat it.
- Skip the latex balloons, which can be a safety hazard for little ones. Opt for those bright shiny Mylar ones, if you plan to decorate with balloons.
- Don't forget to relax and enjoy! A "go with the flow" attitude goes a long way at toddler birthday parties!