Ice Cream Cupcakes by Lisa Whelchel
This is a fun and easy recipe for a cupcake that eats like an ice cream cone. A great idea for kids' birthday parties!
- 1 box cake mix (I like to make the confetti cake mix.)
- 24 old-fashioned ice cream cones—the kind with the flat bottoms
- 1 can frosting, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter according to directions on the box.
- Line cups of a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Top each cup with an upside-down ice cream cone.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Remove cones from tin and peel off cupcake liners.
- Frost and decorate.
Besides being a mom, Lisa Welchel is best known for her role as Blair on the TV show The Facts of Life. She is also the author of Creative Correction.
What else is on Lisa Whelchel's mind?