Homemade Contact Paper Placemat Craft
Make mess-free placemats for some mess-free meals!
- Artiste:Your kid.
- Clear plastic contact paper:Two sheets.
- Construction paper:A few sheets in different colors.
- Art materials:Anything flat like dried leaves, foam shapes, glitter, magazine cut outs, paper shapes, yarn, stickers, etc.
- Clear tape or masking tape
- Cut two 11" x 17" pieces of clear contact paper.
- Help your kid peel off the back of one of the pieces of paper, and then use some clear tape or masking tape to stick the paper (sticky side out) onto a table or a wall. You don't want it to slide all around and get crinkled.
- Encourage your child to stick the art materials onto the contact paper to create a collage. He can use readymade materials, such as foam shapes and dried leaves, or he can create things to stick on there by cutting shapes out of colorful construction paper or magazines.
- When he's finished his burst of creative genius, peel off the other 11" x 17" piece of contact paper and carefully lay it over the first one.
- Get out some yogurt or pudding to celebrate his creation and serve it to him on his new mess-free place mat.