Beaded Pin Craft
Make these easy beaded pins!
- Tin-rimmed or vellum tags:In any shape or size. (Get them at the craft store ... a 2-inch rectangle is shown in the photograph)
- Acrylic paint
- Small hole puncher
- White letter beads spelling out what your kids need to say:Such as "Wee Lass" for St. Paddy's Day, "Love ya!" for Valentine's Day or "NO!" for every other day).
- 2 pieces of thin gauge wire, 4 inches long
- Self-adhesive safety pin
- Paint the back of a vellum or tin-rimmed tag; let it dry.
- Punch a hole ¼ inch from each side of the tag so that they're about even.
- String the letter beads onto the two pieces of wire, dividing the words up however you like.
- With the wires parallel, center the beads in the correct order along the front of the tag. Thread the ends of both wires through the holes.
- Turn the tag over and pull the wires together. Twist the ends of both wires together, and cut off any excess.
- Stick the self-adhesive safety pin along the back of the tag and you're ready to go!
- Commonsense caution: Kids and sharp objects are never a good combination. Remove the pin if your child is planning a running dive into the sofa or another contact activity!