Card-Carrying Member Craft
Create a snazzy holder to store all of your holiday cards with this craft project.
- Cereal box:Get the kids to slurp up those Cheerios!
- Construction or wrapping paper
- White glue
- Hole puncher
- Tempera paints
- Paint brush
- Embellishments:Big buttons, hard candies, glitter, stickers, markers … you name it.
- Help your child cut a 12-ounce cereal box in half diagonally to create something that looks like one of those magazine files.
- Then, have her cover the box with construction or wrapping paper. Glue the paper on and trim to fit. If she wants to, she can paint it instead. Let it dry.
- Next, get her to decorate the box with some stickers, glitter, markers, buttons or candies. (Those red and white swirly mints or candy canes will add some holiday flair!)
- With the hole puncher, punch a hole on the top of each of the skinny sides of the box.
- Help your child string a ribbon through the holes to create a handle, like purse straps.
- Fill your cardholder with greeting cards or outgoing mail.
- Then, challenge your kid to polish off a box of Wheaties and make another cardholder for Grandma.
- Thanks to Traci Page Johnson and Nick. Jr. Magazine.