Cash Cow Bank Craft
Piggies aren't the only banks in town
- An empty oatmeal canister or coffee can (do any of you make Folgers?) or wonton soup takeout container (that's what we used!)
- Hot glue (for fast drying) AND regular glue (for slow drying)
- Construction paper
- Black and white felt
- String or yarn for the tail
- First, trace the bottom of your can with a pencil and cut it out along the lines.
- Then trace the top of your can with a pencil and cut it about 1" bigger than the lines.
- Wrap paper or felt around your can or container so it completely covers it. If the piece of paper or felt isn't long enough, add more to it. Mark it up and then cut it out.
- Have your child draw cow spots onto the paper or cut out felt spots and glue them onto the body.
- Glue or tape the cow's body onto the can.
- Glue or tape the cow's backside onto the can.
- Have your child or help your child draw a face for the cow.
- Cut out some lovely cow ears and tape them onto the face.
- Glue or tape the face onto the top of the can.
- Hot-glue the tail onto the can.
- Sift through your markers and find all of the ones that don't work (we had about 17 of them!) this should add some nice extra time to the craft.
- Hot-glue the marker caps onto the bottom of the cow for legs. (Recycling and crafting, how awesome!)
- Cut a hole for the MOO-lah (a.k.a. money, cash, dinero) to go in.
- MOOOve all your money into your new moovelous bank.