Homemade Cat Toy
Make a meow-velous toy for your favorite feline.
- Ribbon Scraps:Finally, something to do with all those "too-short" pieces of ribbon!
- Yarn:The ultimate classic cat toy
- Old T-Shirt or Pillow Case:To be shredded, so hide your 300-thread-count bedding.
- Jingle Bells:Can't make the trip to the North Pole? Pick them up at your local craft store.
- Have your child knot the short pieces of ribbon together to create a long rope. You know, like a prisoner creating an escape ladder out of sheets. Tell him to place a few pieces of ribbon aside for Step 4.
- Invite your child to rip an old t-shirt or pillowcase into several 8-inch by 3-inch shreds. Encourage him to take his aggression out on the fabric and spare his little sister! You may need to help him get started by cutting a few notches with a pair of scissors and then let him have at it.
- Cut five or six 8-inch pieces of yarn.
- Help Junior tie jingle bells onto both ends of the yarn.
- Tie the bell-adorned yarn, the t-shirt or pillow scraps and the extra ribbons together to create a pom-pom.
- Finally, help him knot the pom-pom onto one end of the ribbon rope.
- When the toy is completed, have your child swing and swish it in front of Frisky's face. Now maybe you can keep your cat and your kid out of your hair for five minutes!
- Grandma a cat lady, by any chance? Have your kid warm her heart by gifting her beloved Puss 'n Boots this homemade cat toy for the holidays!
- Thanks to Traci Page Johnson and Nick. Jr. Magazine.