Paper Clip Jewelry Craft
All the bling; none of the bucks
- Lay out the supplies.
- Have your child link the paper clips together to form a chain. Have her make a longer chain for a necklace and a shorter one for a bracelet or anklet.
- Next, get her to shape the pipe cleaners into little charms. She can curl them into spirals or make them into little hearts or stars. If needed, trim the pipe cleaners, but leave some space at the end so you can attach the charms to the paper clips.
- Help her hook the charms onto the chain by twisting the ends of the pipe cleaners right onto the paper clips. And she's got herself her very own handmade charm bracelet. So what if all that glitters isn't gold? The bling's the thing!
- Have your child make a super-long chain with dozens of charms to craft a tree garland. So much cooler than tinsel, and it won't choke the cat!
- Got a jewelry lover on your hands? Let her make even more bling with help from Nick Jr. Their Dora Mermaid Costume Pack helps her whip up a crown, a necklace and a bracelet at the touch of your printer button!