Beady Bird Craft
Make a bird from Perler beads.
- Perler beads (approx. 200 red, 50 orange, 20 black, 10 white)
- Perler bead board (approx. 5"x5")
- Wax paper
- Separate the beads into piles by color (it will totally make your life easier, and if you're doing the project with a 4-year-old, it is a great pre-project).
- On a stable surface (you'll be sorry if it is a wobbly table!), place your perler board flat and have the bead supplies in easy reach, but out of the way of your sleeves so your piles don't get messed up.
- Use the example pictured above to place the colored beads.
- Grown-up: Place wax paper over the Perler board with beads and apply a hot iron.
- When you see the beads have fused together, remove heat and let cool (it cools quickly).
- Peel wax paper off and voilà! A cardinal-like birdy!
- Each side has its own quirky cuteness. You decide which you like!