Butterfly Popsicle Stick Puppet Craft
Make butterfly puppets with craft foam and popsicle sticks.
- Popsicle stick
- Pink pipe cleaner
- 1 small foam flower (white)
- 1 large foam flower (pink)
- Leave a little space at the end of the pipe cleaner and bend it into two small loops. Pinch the sides of the loops together so they form an antenna.
- At the base of the antenna, start wrapping the remaining length of pipe cleaner in tight winding rows around the top of the popsicle stick so the other pipe cleaner end is covered (make sure the pokey pipe cleaner end is covered so it doesn't hurt the puppet master). Set aside.
- Cut two two-petal sections from each of the colored foam flowers to make the wings.
- Glue the small wings to the large wings. Let dry.
- Dab some glue on the bottom of the wrapped pipe cleaner and glue the popsicle stick to the wings.