Chick Finger Puppet Crafts
Make fancy, fashionable finger puppets.
- Glue gun
- Fabric hot glue
- Embellishments—ribbons, feathers, rhinestones
- Googly eyes
- Have your child draw a big fat finger shape onto a piece of felt.
- Place another piece of felt behind the first one and help her cut out the two pieces of felt at the same time (you need grown up scissors for this).
- Cut out wings for your chick puppet in any shape. We made ours a little long. Oops!
- Put a line of hot glue on around the inside edge of one of the pieces of felt, stick the wings on, and then press the other piece on top. Voilà! Finger puppet!
- Glue on googly eyes (or make eyes from felt).
- Cut out a little diamond shape, add a dab of hot glue to the center and squeeze it together to make a beak. Hot-glue the beak onto your puppet. Cheep.
- Make hair for your puppet. Lily wanted her chick to have braids so I cut a 1" x 4" piece of felt into three strips and braided them together. Glue hair to the puppet.
- Dress your chickie if you don't want her to be a nudie.
- Embellish to your hearts content!