Homemade Stamp Crafts
Turn erasers into quick and easy stamps.
- Ink pads
- Linoleum cutter—I have no idea why I had one but I did! You can find them at ArtistSupplySource.com.
- Draw little boxes on a piece of paper.
- Have your kid draw pictures in pencil inside the little boxes and then cut them out.
- Turn the design over and place it on top of an eraser. Rub the back of the paper with pencil to transfer the design to the eraser. (I guess you could have your child draw right onto the eraser, but my kid gets obsessed with messing up and I thought this would be a better way!)
- Cut the eraser to the size of the picture.
- Grown-up: Use the linoleum cutter to cut out the lines of the design. It is fantastically meditative.
- Stamp away! We decided to make cards to send to our cousins. We used different colors, cleaning the stamp on a wipe in between each one.
- Make cards, wrapping paper, gift tags, pictures ... whatever. You can even color things in if you want with pen or marker.