Crocs Jibbitz Craft
Make your own Jibbitz™ for your kids' Crocs™.
- Buttons galore: some flat (like from shirts) and some with little plastic or metal loops on the back, some decorative ones (butterflies, ladybugs, spiders, whatever ... ), too.
- Embellishments (silk flowers, rhinestones, bells, etc.)
- Hot-glue gun (optional)
- Thread the needle and have your child (or help your child) sew a flat button to a decorative button (one that has a little loop on the back). Just sort of sew around and around to loop them together ... then knot it. (There's no real science to this — just make sure you sew it so it's nice and STRONG.)
- Embellish the decorative side of the button if you want with the hot-glue gun. We put rhinestones on EVERYTHING!
- Slip the homemade Jibbitz into the Croc hole. WOO HOO!Springy Jibbitz!
- If you want to glue something big to the homemade Jibbitz, sew a flat button to a plain button with a little loop on the back. Hot-glue big embellishments on it (like my flower). Let it dry for a few minutes and then slip it into your Croc! If you water it, it will grow (just kidding ... ).
- We made a whole bunch and had a great time! The only problem was it was FREEZING the day we made them and I wouldn't let her wear the crocs! Oops!