Portrait of a Hero
Help your kid save the world!
- Paper: Construction or white paper is fine, but if you want to go big, use butcher paper.
- Markers or crayons.
- Buttons, tissue paper, pipe cleaners, and/or any other items that can be added as embellishments and color (and don't forget the glue to hold it all together).
- Decorate! Adorn the "magic" part of his costume, like the fluttering cape, the super-vision goggles, or the PLAYSKOOL HELMET HEROES Police Officer gear.
- Name your hero. Sure, your kid Elliot might insist on being called Super-Elliot, but if not, offer up silly suggestions like Captain Magnet Hands. Prompt your kid to describe what kind of superpowers he possesses and what actions he takes.
- Hang the picture someplace prominent, so your child can easily summon his heroic alter ego.