Father's Day Crafts: Personalized Pencils
- Plain lead pencils
- Textured tape
- Alphabet run-ons
- Popsicle stick
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Wrap the textured tape around the end of each pencil to add a little color.
- Cut the end allowing a little overlap.
- Using the popsicle stick, very carefully rub over the top of the rub-on letters.
- You can send a Father's Day message to dad in this craft, or have put each of the children's names on each pencil, or rub small images of things dad loves onto each pencil.
- To make the pouch, lay each pencil side by side on a piece of felt that has been doubled over.
- Allow an extra 6-7mm on each side and the bottom, as well as an extra 3-4cm for the length of the back piece only.
- Cut your felt. This is where mom needs to help, using the embroidery thread and needle sew the sides and bottom of the pencil pouch together.
- Using the scissors, round out or cut a triangle into the long back piece so that it can be tucked neatly inside the pouch to keep the pencils secure. Or you can add a button, press stud or Velcro so that the long piece secures on the outside of the pouch.
- These pencils don't just make a great Father's Day craft! Try giving them for birthdays, Mother's Day or as stocking stuffers at the holidays.
- Provided by Tonya Staab at TonyaStaab.com.