Sparkly Play Dough Craft
Make your play dough sparkle!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp canola oil
- ¼ cup salt
- Red and blue food coloring
- Red and blue glitter
- A heavy-duty stock pot
- Two large bowlsNote: If you use plastic bowls, the food coloring may cause some discoloring.
- Wax paper
- 2 quart-size plastic zipper bags
- Mix ½ cup flour, 1 tsp cream of tartar, ½ tsp canola oil and half of the salt in the stockpot.
- Squeeze 10 to 15 drops of red food coloring into one of your bowls.
- Add ½ cup of water to the bowl.
- Add blue glitter to the water and food coloring.
- Carefully pour water mixture into flour mixture. Stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Remove from pot and knead on wax paper until smooth.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the flour, cream of tarter, canola oil and salt, this time using the blue food coloring and red glitter.
- Put both colors into separate plastic zipper bags. Store in a cool, dry place for up to a month.