Homemade Magnetic Fishing Pole Craft
Hang up your Gone Fishin' sign and head to your backyard.
- Magnetic letters:Pull them off the fridge!
- Stick:Check your yard or local park or use one of the 7 magic wands your kid has lying around.
- String:Yarn will do nicely.
- Magnet:One of those U-shaped ones is best.
- Duct tape
- Kiddie pool
- Help your kid duct tape or knot a floor-length piece of string to one end of the stick. The length will vary depending on your child's height.
- Work with your child to tie the U-shaped magnet to the other end of the string and voila, a fishing pole. That was easy!
- Go get the hose and have your kid help you fill the kiddie pool with water.
- Get the kids to toss in all of the magnetic letters.
- Have them go fishing for the letters with the magnetized fishing pole.
- The U-shaped magnet should attract the letters for an easy catch!
- Older kids can try to fish out the letters of their name, or a meaningful phrase. How about, "Thanks!"