Here We Go A-Caroling Craft
Make some snazzy holiday songbooks!
- A blank miniature scrapbook or notebook:Pick one up at your local craft, mass merchant or office supply store.
- Printouts of Christmas lyrics:Find and print most of your favorites at Caroling Corner.
- Embellishments:Stickers, ribbons, bows, pom-poms, glitter, paint, wrapping paper, scrap paper, markers, felt, lace, scrapbooking supplies, fabric
- Markers:If you can't find the whole box, a red one and a green one will do.
- Rubber cement
- White glue
- Garbage bags:To protect your table (or kitchen floor) from the glittery mess that's sure to come.
- Cut open the garbage bags and spread them out to shield Santa's workshop. Nothing like glitter glue on the holiday linens to put a damper on your jolly mood.
- Trim the edges of the lyrics printouts to fit your book. Using rubber cement, help your kid carefully glue them into the book pages.
- Have your little elves add their own Christmas cheer to each page. While they're working, why not treat yourself to a little Christmas cheer of your own. Eggnog, anyone?
- Once the pages are covered in green and red merriment, it's time to start on the cover. Dump those decorating supplies on the table and let your kids take over from there.
- Start caroling! Start a serenade when your partner comes home from work. Light the Christmas tree and have a sing-along in your living room. Even better, bundle the kids up in hats and mittens and give old-fashioned caroling a shot. Imagine the shock on your neighbor's faces when they see rosy-cheeked carolers on their stoop.
- Find a Christmas carol sing-along in your town on GoCityKids and put your new songbook crafts to good use.