Give a hug card
Stretch your arms out wide and give out cards by the hugful
- colored construction paper
- glue or tape
- embellishments like googly eyes, yarn, sequins, etc.
- Help your child measure and cut out a circle (for a head) OR a big heart about 8 x 10 inches. This will be the base of your card. (Note: if you want to write on the card, the heart works better!)
- Cut out a 3 x 24 inch strip of paper. If you don't happen to have a 24" sheet of paper lying around, stick two or three pieces together. These are for the arms.
- If the card is FOR YOUR CHILD, trace your hands (or have your kid do it). If the card is FOR YOU (or someone else that your child LIVES for) trace his hands.
- Cut out the hands. Decorate them with marker, nail polish, and rings if you want to be all schmancy.
- Glue or tape the hands to each end of the arms.
- If you cut out a circle as your main shape, draw a face and hair on it (use yarn and googly eyes if you have them!)
- Glue the long arms to the center of the back of the heart or head.
- If you made a head shape, write your secret message on the arms. If you made a heart, write your love note on the heart!
- Fold the arms so that the hands overlap.
- Give it to someone you love—or GET it from someone!
- This also makes a great Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or Father's Day card.