Father's Day Crafts: Personalized Garden Rock
Show off your kid's star power with a personalized stepping stone!
- Acrylic paints
- Large rocks
- Varathane "Spar Urethane-Outdoor" by Rust-Oleum (a clear, water-based semi-gloss coating intended to protect outdoor furniture, but it can be used on different types of surfaces)
- Cute hands or paws to trace
- Clean the rocks you want to personalize for this Father's Day craft and let dry.
- Trace or draw the names, paws, hands, images you want on the rock lightly with a pencil.
- Paint them in with the acrylic paints.
- When the paint dries, outline the images with the sharpies for more definition.
- Take the rocks outside and spray with the "Spar Urethane-Outdoor" to make them all shiny and ready for outside.
- Let dry overnight and your Father's Day craft is complete!
- As an extra-special treat, surprise Dad by putting your finished gift out on the freshly cut lawn or in a newly planted flower bed. He'll be as tickled with the crafty gift as he is with the fact that he doesn't have to do the yardwork!
This would make a great Mother's gift, too, for moms and grandmothers who like to garden.