Pot of Gold Craft
Make a lucky rainbow!
- A small terra-cotta flowerpot
- Black acrylic paint:Not water-based
- A paintbrush
- Plastic Easter grass:Shredded green tissue or construction paper will work, too.
- Small gold-wrapped candies:Like chocolate gold coins or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 7 pipe cleanersSold these days under the name "chenille stems," one for each color of the rainbow. Only have red pipe cleaners lying around? Make a red rainbow—it's all good!
- Paint the outside (along with the first inch of the inside) of your pot black using the paintbrush.
- Wait for the pot to dry and fill the pot with Easter grass.
- Add your "gold" candy filling on top of the grass.
- Arrange your pipe cleaners in rainbow order (or whatever order you want). Bend them into the pot so they make an arch above the candy and grass.
- This is a great craft for St. Patrick's Day—or for any day that you're feeling like you need a bit of luck!