Shadow Puppet Crafts
Make Indonesian-inspired shadow puppets with your kids.
- Sketch paper
- Colored pencil
- Black poster-board, cut into 8"x10" sheets
- Brass fasteners (at office-supply stores)
- Popsicle sticks (at craft stores)
- Hole puncher
- Craft glue
- Sketch out the drawing of your puppet creature on a scrap of paper.
- Decide how the puppet will move. Put X's on the places where the "joints" will be. These are parts that will overlap.
- Draw the overlapping parts separately on a new piece of paper. Make sure to draw them big enough.
- Now redraw the creature's separate parts on black poster board, using a colored pencil.
- Cut out the parts, running the scissor along the outline.
- Use the hole puncher to make your creature's eye. Then match up the overlapping parts and punch holes at the joints for the brass fasteners. Slip the fasteners through the holes.
- Glue on the Popsicle sticks.