Activities: Miss Mary Mack Song
After a few rounds, this song is sure to get stuck in your head, head, head.
- Your baby (unless you want to play by yourself).
- The words (listed below).
- Practice the clapping motions (you might want to figure it out yourself first before trying to teach your kid).
- It goes: Clap your hands, cross your arms in front of your chest, clap your hands again, then clap your kid's hands three times as you sing the repeating word. Don't worry if you (or your kid) don't get the hang of it right away ... you'll still have fun!
- Sing the words: Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack/ All dressed in black, black, black/ With silver buttons, buttons, buttons/ All down her back, back, back/ She asked her mother, mother, mother/ For 50 cents, cents, cents/ To see the elephant, elephant, elephant/ Jump over the fence, fence, fence/ He jumped so high, high, high/ He reached the sky, sky, sky/ And he never came back, back, back/ Till the end of July, 'ly, 'ly.
- Make up your own rhymes whenever things get boring ... use your kid's name, your dog's name, anything!