Magazine Scavenger Hunt
Send your kid on a 'zine hunt through your old stack of gossip rags.
- Magazines:One per player.
- Mini Post-It notes:
- Paper and pen:
- List maker:Mom or dad.
- Little scavengers:The kids, of course.
- Flip through a stack of magazines, searching for pictures for the scavenger hunt.
- Grab your pen and paper.
- Make a list of 10 to 20 pictures in each magazine for your child to find.
- If your kid is able to read, you can send her searching for a particular word or letter. Younger kids can search for objects or animals.
- Give your child the magazine and the list. Ask her to search through the pages to find everything you've listed.
- Have her put a Post-It on the top of any page where she locates one of the photos. Older kids can write the page number next to the corresponding item. (This might be easier said than done, however, since many magazines neglect to number all of their pages. Why is that? It's so annoying!)
- When she's found everything on the list, she's done!
- Still have 3 hours until the plane lands? Flip back through the magazines, find another 20 pictures and start all over again.