Le Match, The French Matching Game
Celebrate Bastille Day with this learning activity.
- 6 different pictures of French things like pomme frites (french fries), the Eiffel tower, a beret, the Louvre, a Channel purse (hehe), Notre Dame, a baguette, Madeleine, etc.
- a printer
- cardstock (thick) paper or a cereal or pasta box
- Find French images on the Internet. A great way to look is to do a Google "image" search. Right click on the images and save them in a "French folder" on your computer.
- Import all of the French images into a Word document and make them approximately the same size about 2.5" x 3.5".
- Print them out onto paper and then cut them all out.
- Cut your thick paper into twelve 2.5" x 3.5" pieces.
- Glue the images onto the card board pieces. If you're using a cereal box, glue the image to the side of the box that has a picture on it, not the brown cardboard-y side.
- Mix up the images, turn them all over and have your child play a memory game to find the matches!
- Bonne chance! (Good luck!)