Left, Right, Left Bathtub Game
Teach your little trooper his left, left, left, right, left.
- Your grubby kid
- Fill the tub.
- Strip your hard-playing, food-coated child down to her birthday suit and get her in the bath.
- Name the sides of her body as you wash her. Say or sing (a faux operatic aria is fun for this one!), "I'm scrubbing your left elbow!" or "I'm washing your right calf!" You'll be teaching your child her left and right without her even noticing she's getting a lesson!
- Older kids may be able to tell you what side of the body you are washing without prompting. Sing or say, "Which arm am I washing?" Have your child respond with, "My left arm!"
- To make it even more fun, she can echo your tune if you are singing. Play this game enough, and maybe you'll be able to prevent your kid from someday showing up at school with her shoes on the wrong feet!
- Once your kid has mastered left and right, put those skills to good use by teaching her how to dance with moves from Nick Jr.'s Tips from the Backyardigans!