Serving Up Some Hot Cocoa
Kids can combine pretend play with a real business opportunity.
- PLAYSKOOL DREAM TOWN CHERRY BLOSSOM Market.
- Hot chocolate.
- Cups for serving beverages.
- Poster board and markers or crayons for making signage.
- A makeshift "cash-register" (a shoe box will do) for storing the money.
- Whip up several servings of your favorite hot chocolate.
- Head outdoors with the PLAYSKOOL DREAM TOWN CHERRY BLOSSOM Market play structure, which is easy to deconstruct and set up in your desired location.
- Have you kids make signs that promote their business and the price of the drinks.
- Talk to your kids in advance about who will serve the cocoa, who will handle the cash register, etc.
- Open up for business, and enjoy the rush of customers!
- This activity teaches great math and social skills. And if you want to teach your kids an even bigger life lesson, talk to them about donating the money they earn to a good cause.