Create a Mini Jam Jar Garden
This tiny garden of eatin' is "green" in more ways than one!
- A clean, empty jam jar with a lid
- Green play-dough
- Small silk flowers with wire stems:Pick some up at your local craft store.
- A small fabric scrap:To cover the lid of the jar.
- A rolling pin or bottle of wine:We're betting you have at least one of the two!
- Embellishments:Rhinestones, buttons, ribbon, letter beads, etc.
- Hot glue gun and glue stick:Kids and hot glue don't mix, so make sure you do all the gluing.
- Have your kid thoroughly wash out an empty jam jar.
- Help her roll out a small piece of the green play-dough.
- Using the top of the jelly jar like a cookie cutter, have her cut a circle out of play-dough.
- Help her carefully fit the play-dough circle into the inside of the lid. Press it down.
- Then have your kid push flowers into the play-dough to create a miniature garden.
- When she's cultivated her garden to her satisfaction, twist the lid onto the jar.
- Then have your kid cover the lid with the fabric scrap and glue in place.
- You can hot glue a few mini rose buds or ribbon onto the outside of the lid or bottom of the jar to pretty it up.
- Then flip the jar upside down to display the beautiful garden.
- These make great Mother's Day gifts.