Bath Crayons Activity for Kids
- 2 four-ounce bars of natural soap
- ½ cup of water
- Food coloring
- Mixing bowl
- Cheese grater
- Glass measuring cup
- Plastic ice cube mold—in a fun shape, like stars or a fish
- Latex gloves (optional)
- Grate soap into the mixing bowl.
- Put two tablespoons grated soap into glass measuring cup. (Here's where you and your child may want to put on your gloves.)
- Add one to two tablespoons of water to the measuring cup and mix well with your fingers.
- Add five drops of one food color and continue to mix until the color is incorporated into the mixture of soap and water. Depending on the soap texture, you may need to microwave the mixture for one minute to make it a little more mushy.
- Have your child knead the soap into a ball; press the ball into one of the ice cube cavities.
- Wash your hands and repeat the process with all of your food colors. Allow the crayons to harden in the freezer for an hour.
- Package in a decorated paper bag and tie with ribbon.