Freaky Friday Activity
Swap roles with your kid!
- "Baby":That'd be you.
- "Parent":Your kid.
- Baby stuff:Like your kid's favorite teddy bear, blankets, books, bottles, etc.
- Reverse roles with your kid à la the movie Freaky Friday. Invite your kid to become "Mom" for an afternoon while you pretend to be the "baby."
- Explain what you're doing, then have your kid tuck you in to your "crib," read you a story, sing you a lullaby ...
- ... while you carry around her favorite teddy bear, ask for some milk and beg her to read you another story.
- She'll get a real kick out of seeing you mirror her behavior! And you'll find yourself wishing you really could swap roles. A two-hour nap smack in the middle of the day sounds nice, no?