Find the Pearl Kiddie Pool Game
Let the kids dive into some fun!
- Backyard: This is not a game you want to play indoors!
- 10-20 film canisters: The old-fashioned kind, for actual film (your digital memory stick won't help you here). Don't have any? Try empty vitamin, aspirin or small, opaque Tupperware containers. Any non-see-through waterproof container will do.
- Bubble-gum balls: One white and the rest multicolored. If you object to chewing gum, you can use jellybeans or jujubes. Sugar-phobes can use Cheerios with a cheese ball "pearl."
- Kiddie pool
- Swimsuit: For the kids only. Don't worry, Mom, you don't have to squeeze into one!
- Diving gear: mask, flippers, snorkel: This is optional, but life's so much more fun when you don flippers, right?
- An inexpensive, fun prize for the winner
- Fill the kiddie pool up with a few inches of water.
- Have the kids slather on some sunscreen and put on their bathing suits and diving gear.
- Put the "pearl"—otherwise known as the white gumball or cheese ball—into one of the film canisters.
- Fill the rest of the containers with the multicolored gum balls (or Cheerios, Jujubes etc.)
- Have the kids go diving for the "pearl."
- The first child to find the container with the "pearl" wins!
- Play again by sending the kids to search for a different colored gumball. Try a red gumball and send them diving for a lost "ruby."
- Don't forget summer safety!
- If you have a big pool, you can play this game with older kids. Toss in the film canisters and have the kids dive down to the bottom to fetch them out. Make sure the kids wait to chew the gum or eat their goodies until they're out of the pool.
- We've got even more fun summer activities!