Jack Frost Game
Make running around the house into a game!
- Jack Frost:That's you—only cooler because anything that you nip (a.k.a. touch) turns to ice. Now that could really come in handy when you're mixing a nightcap!
- Hands, toes and ears to nip
- Round up the kids in the living room or the play room and let them know that you are the supercool "Jack Frost" and that your job is to freeze all their body parts.
- Send them scurrying while you chase them down to "nip them" by grabbing a hold of a body part.
- When you nip a body part, tell them they must immediately start shivering that part ... and keep shivering while they try to escape further freezing.
- While it's easy to shake and shiver a hand, shaking and shivering a hand, a head, two shoulders and a knee at the same time can get a bit tricky.
- Pretty soon they'll be shivering and shaking all over the house—and then falling down on the ground in a fit of laughter. And if you're lucky, all that nipping might lead to a little extra napping!
- Want more winter games? Check out local wintertime activities at ParentsConnect Local.