Pattycake Baby Game
The only cake you can share with baby that won't show up on your thighs.
- Your hands
- Your kid's hands
- The words to the old English nursery rhyme (below)
- As you say the rhyme, clap your hands together and then alternately clap your hands with your kid's.
- First line: Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man
- Second line: Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
- Third line: Pat it and roll it and mark it with "B" (or you can use your kid's first initial and mark it with a "R" for Rosie, for example.)
- Fourth line: And put it in the oven for Baby and me. (Or, if you went the first-initial route, say "Rosie and me.")
- You can play this game with your baby—it's OK if she doesn't get the whole "alternating" clapping thing. She'll love it anyway!