Go Fish! Card Game
Need a refresher course on how to play Go Fish? (You're welcome!)
- 2 to 6 players
- A deck of cards (there are 52 cards in a deck)
- For 2 players: deal 7 cards to each person.
For 3-6 players: deal 5 cards to each player.
- Place all remaining cards face down in a draw pile.
- On your turn, ask a player for a specific card that you already have in your hand. For example, if you're holding a 10, ask your opponent, "Do you have any 10s?"
- If the player you ask has any of the cards you asked for (10, Jack, Ace, etc.), then he or she has to give them to you.
- If you get one or more cards from the player you ask, you get another turn. You may ask any player for any card you already hold, including the same one you just asked for.
- If the person doesn't have the card you ask for, then they respond, "GO FISH!" Which means you take a card from the pile.
- If the card you draw from the pile matches any of your cards, then you keep the card in your hand. If it happens to be the card you asked for, then show it off!
- The goal is to collect matches of the same number. (So a set of 4 Kings, 4 Aces, etc.) When you do get a matching set, place the cards face-up for all to see.
- The game ends when someone has no cards left in their hand OR the draw pile runs out. THE WINNER is the player who has the most matching sets.