Alphabet Car Game
Make road trips fun (er, tolerable) with an ABC scavenger hunt!
- A view of a highway, street or town:Ideally from a moving car.
- Your shouting voice:The kids will be thrilled to have the chance to yell in the car without getting yelled at.
- Knowledge of the alphabet:No, "LMNOP" is not one letter!
- The object of the game is to see who can get to "Z" first.
- To play, scan street signs, license plates, storefronts, billboards and bumper stickers for all of the letters of the alphabet.
- Each player starts by finding an "A" and ends with ... you got it, a "Z."
- Once each player finds his "A," he moves on to "B." Once he spots a "B," he hunts for a "C," etc. The first one to Z wins!
- Now try the game backwards. Sound as simple as ABC? It's not!
- A few strategic tips: Shout out the letter as soon as you see it. If you see a license plate from Georgia and you are hunting for a "G," shout out "G!" before someone else does.
- You may also want to declare where you spotted your latest letter so someone else can't mooch off of your discovery—"A! That hardware sign!" First one to spot the letter gets dibs.
- No cheating. Letters in the car don't count. Neither does the liquor-store sign you saw 5 minutes ago when you really need a "Q" right now.