Presto Change Clothes-O Baby Game
Bust out your inner Houdini to magically change baby without a fuss.
- Volunteer from the audience:Your child, preferably in need of a new outfit.
- Lovely assistant:Optional, but an older sibling you're trying to entertain works great!
- Select a volunteer from the audience. (Your little one, silly. Mr. Bear will have to wait until you try your levitating trick.)
- Help your baby get up on your magic changing table and let the show begin.
- For extra drama, have your assistant dim the lights and shine a spotlight on you. (This is a great way of checking to see if the batteries in your flashlight still work.)
- Narrate your every move in a big, theatrical voice: "And now ladies and gentlemen! To begin my trick, I will make this baby's arm disappear. Watch carefully!"
- Pull your baby's arm through the sleeve and voila, the amazing "disappearing arm trick"! Now you see it, now you don't.
- Continue your narration: "And now with the help of my lovely assistant I will make this brave child's hand reappear. Abracadabra!"
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the other arm, the head and the legs.
- For the grand finale, grab a blanket and hide your child under it. Have your assistant perform a drum roll (she's already an expert pot and pan player), lead your little one to a mirror, then do the big reveal. "Ta-da! I have successfully changed my baby! Can I get a round of applause, please?"
- Help baby take a bow and encourage her to clap for you. You deserve a hand!
- This is a great game for older siblings or kids caring for a younger relative. Make them into the magician and outfit them with a cape and wand. They can continue their show by pulling a few of baby's stuffed animals out of a hat. Meanwhile you can sit back and be an audience member—for once!