Theatrical Tupperware: Improv Game
Your little Will Ferrell's acting out anyway, so why not make it a game?
- Little actor:Your kid.
- Tupperware container:Forget filling it with leftovers. Order in and play this game instead. Your kid doesn't care if his chicken nuggets are homemade!
- A stack of old magazines:Now you have an excuse to actually buy that issue of People instead of just sneaking a glance at the checkout counter.
- Ask your kid to help you rip out a bunch of magazine pictures of things he can act out. This may be his favorite part of the game. What kid doesn't enjoy destroying stuff?
- Fold up the pics and toss them into a Tupperware container.
- Pull one out and call out what you see. If your kid is talking, invite him to help you identify what's in each picture.
- Have your kid act it out. For example, if you pull out a picture of a dog, shout, "It's a doggy!" and have your kid crawl around on the floor barking and panting. To the untrained eye it might look like business as usual, but you'll know your kid doesn't normally pant like that (unless you refused to buy him ice cream and he's been screaming his guts out for 40 minutes).