Kids Activities: Hop to It
Play a hip, hopping game with the kids.
- Tape measure
- Using your chalk, you or your kid should draw a 10-foot line on the sidewalk.
- Break the line into 1-foot increments and label them 1 through 10.
- Give your child challenges. "Hop to number 2. Take a step to number 4. Jump back to number 3." Make up your own challenges.
- You and your kid should take turns being the Hopper and the Caller. Work off those fries you had for lunch.
- If your child can reach the 10-foot mark in a single leap, notify the Olympics track and field coach, pronto.
- Want more active games to get your Olympian ready for action (and bed)? Try these LazyTown Backyard Games from NickJr.com.