Indoor Activities: Bear Track Scavenger Hunt
You're going on a bear hunt. You're gonna catch a big one ...
- A hunter:Your kid, with camo pants and mini-GPS system optional.
- Bear tracks:Cut them out of construction paper or print some out from NickJr.com.
- A bear:Your kid's favorite teddy bear, or surprise her with a new one.
- Draw or print up your bear's foot prints and then carefully cut them out.
- Put a loop of tape on the back of each of the prints.
- When your kid's not looking, hide Teddy in a good hiding place (a.k.a., the bear's den).
- Then, tape the bear tracks from wherever she is (probably your den) to the bear's den.
- Tell your little hunter that she's going on a bear hunt ... and she's gonna catch a big one. She's not scared. What a beautiful day! (Wondering what we're talking about? It's We're Going on a Bear Hunt. We love this book!)
- Kick back while your little hunter searches for her bear.
- When she's done, move the prints and let her hunt down the bear again. Just steer clear of putting tracks near the kitchen table so your happy hunter doesn't get any ideas about eating the macaroni droppings from last night's dinner (that you have yet to pick up).
- Find and print more animal tracks at NickJr.com.