Indoor Activities: Ride Sally Ride!
Make a miniature theme park ride for Dolly and Teddy!
- Roller-coaster car: Also known as a shoebox!
- Sofa cushions or pillows
- A doll or stuffed animal
- Aluminum foil, duct tape, stickers, markers: To deck out your roller coaster ... unless of course you want the animals to be riding around in the Payless Express.
- Help the kids set up the pillows or cushions on an incline off of the sofa to create a slide or "roller-coaster track."
- Grab an old shoebox for them to use as the roller-coaster car.
- Have the kids cover the box with aluminum foil and then polish it off with some stickers and markers.
- Put the dolls and stuffed animals in the shoebox and send them sailing off the sofa. Wheeee! Look away if the sight of a dirty old shoebox filled with sticky old toys tearing down your slipcovers makes you cringe. You shouldn't have bought anything nice until the kids went to college, anyway! Repeat and repeat and repeat.
- Use string or pipe cleaners to attach more than one shoe box together so each and every power ranger, little people or Barbie can get in on the ride.