How to make iron-on t-Shirts
Jazz up any bland tee with an iron and a custom print
- a personal design (or a pre-made iron-on applique)
- household iron (adult use only)
- tee shirt
- transfer paper (available at craft stores or computer stores)
- Print out a copy of your iron-on pattern or design on a plain sheet of paper (or pull out your pre-made iron-on transfer pattern).
- Then print your design onto a sheet of the transfer paper. (Follow the instructions on the transfer paper to achieve the best results.)
- Place the tee shirt on a hard surface.
- Turn the transfer paper over and position your design on the tee shirt.
- Using the hottest setting on your iron (no steam!) move the iron in a slow, circular motion across the design (make sure you get the edges so they don't peel off later).
- After the transfer paper has completely cooled down, carefully peel it away from your tee shirt.