How to make a rabbit windsock
This rabbit doesn't hop, but it can tell which way the wind blows
- string or ribbon
- a few sheets of 8.5 x 11 piece of paper (cardstock works really well, but if you only have regular old computer paper, just put two pieces together!)
- Your kid's going to draw a rabbit face in the center of the paper, but first you need to figure out where the center is, so carefully make it into a cylinder shape (with the two horizontal edges touching each other) and use a pencil to mark off the space where your kid should draw!
- Have your kid draw a rabbit face and color it in.
- Have him or help him cut out ears and color them in.
- Tape the paper into a cylinder shape.
- Tape on the ears.
- Tape on the streamers.
- Tape on the string.
- Feel free to embellish your creation with rhinestones, pom-poms, sequins or whatever.
- Go outside and hang it on something. Or if your kids are like mine, have them try to fly it like a kite!
- Try to remember to take it in when it rains or it will be a tie-dyed drippy-funky rabbit the next day!