Soup Can Phone
- 2 tin cans
- a hammer
- a nail
- Clean out the cans and remove the lid off of each one. Save the lids (they'll act as the phone's receivers).
- Turn one can upside down, the intact (or closed) end facing up.
- Make a hole on the intact end of the can by hammering a nail in the center. Do this to both cans.
- Then you're going to connect the phones with a long piece of string. Take the string and thread one end of it through one of the nail holes and knot it on the inside of the can. Repeat with the other end of the string and the other can so that they're attached.
- Now for the fun part (cue: go get your kids). Take one can in your hand, and give the other to your kid. Walk away from each other until the string is taut.
- Speak into the open end of your can while your kid listens to the open end of her can. Switch it up and enjoy a game of soup can telephone!