Tap, Tip, Slap
Play a drum-beating, remember-the-rhythm game!
- Rhythm master:Mom or dad
- Little drummer boy or girl:Your child
- Drum:Any surface that makes a cool noise when banged on
- Help your child pick out a drum: coffee table, hardwood floor, a pot, daddy's belly, an actual toy drum and so on.
- Tap out a simple rhythm on the drum like "tap, tap, tappity tap."
- Encourage your child to repeat the rhythm.
- Switch roles. Have your child drum out a beat for you to copy.
- Repeat! Tap out different rhythms on a variety of different surfaces. Hone those musical abilities, and who knows? Someday your kid could be jamming with Bono as he solves quantum physics equations . (Gotta dream big!)