Mommy's Obsessive Music Playlist
- iPod or mp3 player
- Think of all of the songs you've been obsessed with as long as you can remember being obsessed with songs. Go back to Phil Collins, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears ...
- Log on to to iTunes and search for your favorite songs. You can do this with your child next to you or while your kid is at school (so it's a surprise when she gets home).
- Make a special playlist filled with all of these old and new songs. It can be five songs, it can be 50. Whatever you want!
- Give it to your child, have her listen to it for a little bit.
- Sit down and tell her the story behind every song. "This one I played over and over when David broke up with me in eighth grade." "This one I listened to 100 times in a row on a cassingle when I was on spring break in Daytona." Maybe she'll love it as much as you do and it can be regular listening in the car.
- If you're inspired, write all of the stories down. It actually might be therapeutic for you.