- Plan a scavenger hunt! Springtime is perfect for getting kids outside and going for walks. To get them really excited, try coming up with scavenger hunts; for example, find five different kinds of blossoms and take pictures with your phone.
- Have a bike "tune-up." Spring is the season to pull out your bikes and/or buy new ones. Have fun "tuning up" their old bikes or go bike shopping and then go on a family ride.
- Turn a spring outing into a tradition.We are fortunate to live just a few minutes from the beach and so the moment the sun starts warming up the air, we head down for walks, fish and chips, and ice cream cones. It's our tradition, but even if there are no beaches near you, you can create your own spring outing traditions when the weather warms up like going for a hike, flying a kite, etc.
- Garden with the family. Kids love to get down and dirty. Even if you don't have time or space for a garden, try simple activities like planting potted tomatoes or pulling weeds, or find a local community garden to join.
- Plan an outdoor photo shoot!We love any excuse to get the kids dressed up to take some spring-themed photos. Try planning your own outdoor photo shoots with your kids. And if you don't feel confident getting quality shots on your own or you would like to get in the photos too, consider hiring a photographer. It is definitely time and money well spent!